"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord ...." Col. 3:22

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men .... It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Col. 3:23-24

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Note to Self


This is the song that rang in my ears and some thoughts that ran through my mind this morning as I was driving to an appointment just a short distance away this morning...
Why is it sometimes so easy to BELIEVE what you believe and other times not so easy. For me, it is me, myself, and I! Self tends to worry, doubt, and be our own worst enemy. I BELIEVE every word of this beautiful song. I have a maker, He formed my heart. Before even time began, my life was in His hands. He knows my name, He knows my every thought, He sees each tear that falls, and He hears me when I call. He is my Father, He calls me His own. He'll never leave me, no matter where I go.
My last post was on prayer and that prayer changes things. I BELIEVE that too! Sometimes rather than pray first, I let myself get in the way. The self that tends to worry, doubt, and is my enemy, not my friend. Then I go to my Father, the one who formed my heart, the one who holds my life in His hands. The one who knows my every thought, sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call. It is then and only then that this overwhelming peace that He promises floods my soul and allows me to truly BELIEVE what I believe.
So, note to self: Get out of the way and let God be all that He is, has been, and ever will be - my maker, my Father, and the one who said He will never leave me, nor forsake me.


"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7

3 comments:

  1. um just wondering if I should be worried about whatever it is you are worried about because you usually don't worry! lol No but really, nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Uh, no. No need to worry. Just sweet reminders in quiet moments from the one who loves us so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Bev....what a simple yet powerful Truth!
    I always find myself right in that place...God's hands. He is so faithful, so patient, so present when we call on Him. Even when we don't, He is there. Knowing it, believing it, and trusting...there lies your peace.
    You are amazing and I love you dearly <3
    You have been a gift in my life and a soft spot to land. He has blessed me "greatly" with your friendship! much love and appreciation....kv

    ReplyDelete